Due to the current job action by the BC General Employees Union (BCGEU), the BC Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) distribution centres and Wholesale Customer Centres (WCC) remain closed.
To mitigate further disruption to customers and support a smoother resumption of operations once labour action ends, LDB Liquor Wholesale Operations will be immediately suspending all orders for LDB distributed products and temporarily shutting down Webstore.
Please note orders that have already been placed on Webstore will be assembled and shipped once job action ends and LDB Liquor Wholesale Distribution and WCC operations resume.
This means, until further notice:
- the LDB liquor distribution centres in Delta and Kamloops will not receive product or assemble and ship orders
- appointments at the distribution centres are cancelled and once they reopen, please contact the distribution centre to reschedule
- the Liquor Wholesale Customer Centres in Vancouver and Victoria are closed and phone calls and emails will not be answered
- Webstore is unavailable for ordering until the job action ends and LDB Liquor Wholesale Distribution and Wholesale Customer Centre operations resume
- orders submitted by email will not be entered and should be resubmitted once WCC reopens
- returns can be submitted but will not be processed
- customers will not be able to pick up orders at WCC Victoria or the Delta Distribution Centre
- The LDB’s Wholesale Supply Chain team is stopping product allocations and reducing ordering quantities to replenish the LDB distribution centres.
- Product allocations that have already been submitted will be assembled and shipped once job action ends and LDB operations resume.
Additional LDB services unaffected by the current job action include:
- product registration, price change requests and import clearance requests
- credit card updates, PAP/PAD
- payments to suppliers
- enterprise data services (EDS)
- warehouse inspections for product samples and damages
We sincerely apologize for this disruption and for the impact to your business.
We recognize the news of the current job action may be concerning for customers, vendors and industry partners.
We commit to providing updates to industry on potential impacts as they become known. Important notices will be posted here on the LDB Wholesale Operations website at wholesale.bcldb.com.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.