New federal Canadian traceability regulations aimed at improving consumer and public safety will come into effect July 15, 2020.
The additional links provide in-depth information on the new federal regulations.
Ask CFIA Portal
Please review and download the communications featured below that are appropriate to your licence type.
To assist vendors in preparing shipments to our warehouses, the LDB has created a new Inbound Shipment Handbook. The handbook contains vital guidelines for all vendors, related to inbound shipments entering the LDB warehouses. Please follow the guidelines outlined in the handbook – they will be applied when product arrives to our warehouses.
Guidelines Included in the Handbook:
- Product Identification Standards and Labelling Requirements
- Required Shipping Container and Unit Markings
- Case Configuration Submission before Shipment
- SCC and Lot Code Placement
- Pallet Requirements, Measurements and Wood Species
- Ti-Hi Rules
- Pallet and Product Packaging Requirements
- Booking a Delivery Appointment
- Why a Shipment Can be Refused
- Short and Stale Dated Product
- Relabeling Expiry/Best Before Dates Rules
- Return to Vendor (RTV)
- Recalled Products due to a Quality Control
Download the Inbound Shipping Handbook below.
Vendor Data Services
The LDB collects wholesale data and provides a data service to vendors and domestic suppliers operating in B.C. There are various reports and pre-paid subscriptions available to vendors. Please review the options below.
Liquor Market Review
The Liquor Market Review provides provincial sales through the Wholesale channel for beer, refreshment beverages, spirits and wine. The market review is produced four times per year for reporting periods ending in March, June, September and December. Download the Liquor Market Review.
Hospitality Liquor Market Review
The Hospitality Liquor Market Review provides provincial sales to Hospitality customers (restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, etc.) from all channels for beer, refreshment beverages, spirits and wine. The hospitality review is produced four times per year for reporting periods ending in March, June, September and December. Download the Hospitality Liquor Market Review.
Product Activity and Pricing
The LDB produces a Product Activity Report (PAR) and vendor specific Wholesale and Retail Price Lists available for download from our reports tab on our vendor website.
Purchase Order Report
This free report will be available to all registered vendors, and depicts POs submitted by LDB for the specified vendor. The report will be refreshed daily, Monday through Friday and include data for the preceding 90 days. This report is found on the reports tab on our vendor website.
Data subscriptions (SSDS) and sales reports are available to purchase by product, category, volume/dollars/units, by agent and supplier and liquor outlet. Standard and custom reports may also be purchased on request or by subscription. Please visit our subscriptions tab on the vendor website.
Standard reports include:
- Agent/Supplier SKU Sales Reports
- Wholesale Electronic Price List (EPL)
- Ranked Reports
Customer Order Reports available by Subscription
Customer Order Reports – Weekly: Available for a subscription fee to be determined by the External Data Services team. Extracted every Monday for the preceding week (Sunday to Saturday).
Details Report will provide Customer Orders received by LDB for a given vendor.
Summary Report presents a summarized view of the Customer Orders Details Report.
Customer Orders Report – Monthly: The Details Report and Summary Report will also be produced on the second Monday after each LDB Period, for a separate subscription fee.
Custom reports may also be arranged to suit your specific requirements. For more information contact a Business Information Officer at email@example.com.
Download our financial calendars.
In order to guarantee product quality for our customers, the Liquor Distribution Branch will adhere to the following guidelines when receiving and delivering perishable beverage alcohol products marked with expiry dates and best before dates:
Stale Dated Inventory
- Beverage alcohol products shipped to the LDB distribution centres with less than three (3) months of shelf life remaining will not be accepted and will be returned to the agent/supplier warehouse.
Short Dated Inventory
- If product is received with less than six (6) months shelf life remaining, the LDB reserves the right to return the un‐sold short* and stale dated product left in the LDB distribution centre(s).
*short dated product is defined as less than two (2) months of shelf life remaining.
Both the expiry date and best before date displayed on the product/case/pallet will be treated as the expiry date.
Download our product registration guides specifically designed for agents and manufacturers. The guides walk through how to navigate the LDB product registration and activation process.
WCC Agent Order Form
- Looking to order a product for a tasting event, place a regular order at full price or order on behalf of a wholesale customer? The newly designed WCC Agent Order form is for you and now available for download from our vendor website.
Agent Allocation Form
- If your product is permanently held on cross-dock, you can allocate your product by using the Agent Allocation Form. Download the form on our vendor website.
- If your product is available for general order, please ask your customer to place an order from their supplying BC Liquor Store or through the Wholesale Customer Centre.
BCLS Serviced Hospitality Customer Agent Order Form
- If your product is not permanently held on cross-dock, you can use this form to order for a Hospitality Customer solely serviced by a BCLS. The hospitality customer will be required to approve the order before submission. Download the form on our vendor website.
Domestic LDB Distributed Beer Wait List
Domestic beer vendors who wish to distribute their beer products via the LDB distribution system are asked to submit their SKU(s) to our wait list. Download the Excel wait list template below, fill it out and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BC Liquor Store retail chain has recently upgraded their systems. As a result, hospitality customers (bars, restaurants, hotels etc.) that purchase directly from BC Liquor Stores are now required to be recorded in the Customer Specific Products (CSP) program.
Both the BC Liquor Store number and the hospitality customer number must now be on the CSP list for the order to be processed.
What do I need to do to prepare for this change?
The LDB is asking you to review your portfolio for any customer-specific products that you sell to hospitality customers through BC Liquor Stores.
If your portfolio includes products restricted to hospitality customers that purchase from BC Liquor Stores, please submit a completed Authorization for Hospitality Customers to Purchase CSP from BC Liquor Stores form found on the LDB Vendor website.
Please include the BC Liquor Store numbers on the list for the locations in which those customers shop. Alternatively, adding “All BC Liquor Stores” to the list will enable the customer to purchase from all BC Liquor Store locations. The form can be emailed to email@example.com.
For various reasons, including quality control, products may be returned to domestic vendors or the 3rd import party warehouse. Domestic and import returns are handled differently, please take a moment to review the information below.
The LDB will inform the domestic vendor to pick-up the product from our warehouses within 10 days of notification. Should the product not be picked-up within the time frame allotted, the product will be destroyed at the vendor's cost.
For imported product, the vendor and their 3rd party import warehouse will be notified by the LDB and the product will be transported back to the 3rd party import warehouse.
Interested in becoming an import agent? Looking for an resource guide? Check out our New Agents section.